In today’s global business environment, employers find themselves managing an increasingly international workforce. Cross-border employments create compliance challenges for both the employer and the employee with tax, social security and payroll implications to address in the home and host locations. Our Expatriate Tax Services team will help you navigate the complexity and focus on the underlying goal of international expansion.
Watch our video to find out more about our Expatriate Tax Services:
Our international accountants provide expat services and advice for each individual relating to their personal circumstances, covering everything from income tax, national insurance contributions (NICs) and social security, to tax on capital gains and future inheritance tax liabilities.
These international accountancy services for expats also include specific expertise in supporting non UK resident entertainers and sports persons performing in the UK and British equivalents working abroad. We can liaise with The Foreign Entertainers Unit (FEU) to help you register for and investigate possible reductions to the level of withholding tax.
Common cross-border employment scenarios
Our Expatriate Tax Services team regularly assists businesses and individuals in the following scenarios:
- International assignments or secondments
- UK employees relocating overseas
- Foreign nationals coming to work in the UK
- Business visitors
- Cross-border commuters who live and work in more than one country
- Non-resident directors
- Foreign-based employees and remote workers paid via the UK payroll
For further information please refer to our detailed factsheet below.
If you are moving to the UK or moving out of the UK. You may find our UK Statutory Residence Test Flowchart useful for tax purposes:
Our client services philosophy
Each client is unique and has different expectations. We tailor our service to meet specific requirements. As trusted advisors we understand that it is not just about answering a clients question, it’s about establishing the aims of that client, helping them ask the right questions and working with them to come up with a practical solution.
- Reform to the taxation of non-domiciled individuals
- International expansion
- Employment tax services
- Private client tax
- International tax
- Tax and employment
- Paye and NI
- Personal tax
- Non-domiciled individuals
- HR solutions
- Moving to the UK: the National Health Service
- Focus on - Vital information for Non-resident landlords
- Expat tax flyer - UK Tax Facts for International Assignees (Expatriates)
- Focus on - NIC for employees working outside the UK
- Focus on - Non domiciled individuals