Corporate Finance Deal Announcement: MBO of Briggs & Forrester Group
We are delighted to announce the management buyout of £200m turnover Briggs & Forrester Group. The MBO was led by Paul Burton, managing director of the Engineering Services division. Briggs & Forrester is a leading player in the building services market and one of the industry’s largest independent contractors. The transaction enables the Stanton family to reduce its stake in the business to 30%, leaving the management team and an employee benefit trust owning the remaining 70%.
Our corporate finance advice was led by managing director Laurence Whitehead, supported by director Martin Shaw. They worked closely with the Stanton family and the management team, advising on the pricing and structuring issues around the transaction. Rachel Nutt and Colin Brogan also advised on tax matters, including HMRC tax clearance, and Richard Powell provided advice on accounting matters.
Paul Burton said: “This is a huge opportunity for the management team to drive the business forward, providing future visibility and certainty. Having led the management team buyout, I was really impressed by the close involvement of MHA MacIntyre Hudson and the other advisers to the deal. All the team members were extremely professional and assisted us in completing this successful transaction.”
"Our corporate finance, tax and accounting teams were delighted to be involved advising such a high quality management team. The deal has ensured a seamless transition of control from the Stanton family and represents an exciting opportunity for Paul and his fellow management team members to implement their vision for the future of the group. We wish them and the Stanton family every success in the future…………….exciting times lie ahead for this great Northamptonshire business."
How can we help?
If you would like to know more about this deal or how we can assist you, your clients or your contacts on corporate finance or strategic planning matters, then send us an enquiry to arrange an initial no-obligation meeting.