Our Legal sector team has an enviable track record of providing specialist accounting, tax and business advisory services to law firms. Our understanding of the sector and how partnerships operate allows us to offer the best possible advice to help your firm achieve a commercial edge now, whilst preparing for the future.
All members of our Legal sector team are trained Lexcel consultants, the Practice Management Standard of the Law Society. In the ever changing legal landscape, the Lexcel qualification ensures an understanding of the issues your law firm is facing as well as an assurance of the level of support you can expect from your service providers. MHA MacIntyre Hudson was the first accountancy practice to achieve this status in the UK.
Our specialist accounting, business advisory and tax services for law firms include:
- Preparation and audit of statutory financial statements ensuring compliance with the SRA Accounts Rules and outcomes-focused regulations (OFR).
- Accountancy and technical support
- Partnership tax planning - particularly around business structures, capital adequacy and drawings policies and remuneration and rewards
- Personal tax services - from managing tax returns to complex wealth management for partners
- Organisational structures guidance – deciding on the most tax efficient structure including LLP conversions, hybrid structures and Alternative Business Structures (ABSs)
- Risk management - developing and improving risk management structures or conducting internal audits or controls reviews
- COFA support services
- Financial stability – improving profitability and cashflow and managing WIP and debtor recovery
- Remuneration - achieving the right balance between incentivising staff and profitability
- Expert witness and forensic reviews to support litigation
- Corporate finance - whether you are consolidating, diversifying or reviewing acquisition and funding options
- Merger integration - streamline the process, create harmony and win support
- Succession planning, forecasting and modelling
- Strategic planning and partnership mentoring to help you build a more profitable and efficient firm
- Cross border growth - supporting you and your clients with overseas expansion plans
- Outsourcing services and temporary cover - including finance, HR and marketing
- Financial training and development (delivered by MacIntyre Hudson Advisory Services)
Our work in North America and Europe and our global connections give us experience of cross border issues, as well as professional connections abroad.
Find out about the full service offering by MHA MacIntyre Hudson>>