Despite being one of the largest sectors in the UK, the construction industry is also one of the most complex with a maze of regulations, uncertainties and risks. Furthermore, there is the increasing threat of an investigation by HM Revenue & Cutsoms (HMRC) who commonly impose financial settlements going back a number of years to collect tax, national insurance, interest and penalties on any errors that they discover.
With over 20% of our revenue coming from our property and construction clients and a further 20% from property related tax advice, our construction accountants, tax and business advisers truly understand the nature of the construction industry and the challenges you face.
We work with a wide range of clients in the construction sector including commercial and residential developers, contractors, sub-contractors, civil engineers, architects etc. guiding your business from start up, through growth strategies and surviving a changing economy to exit planning.
Alongside the traditional audit and accountancy services, our specialist construction sector team also provides the following services:
- Fund raising for construction transactions
- Cash flow management and planning especially when faced with a shortage of new finance options
- Tax compliance to ensure you are meeting your tax obligations
- Capital gains tax advice
- VAT consultancy, including negotiations with HMRC
- Advice in respect of the Construction Industry Scheme
- Engagement of workers and employment tax issues including operating within working rule agreements and IR35
- PAYE healthchecks to ensure your PAYE/benefits and expenses procedures would stand up to an HMRC investigation
- Stamp Duty Land Tax (SDLT) advice
- Extracting profits in a tax efficient manner
- Corporate finance advice including mergers & acquisitions and disposals
- Strategic planning to help you get your business to where you want it to be
- Payroll services
We are not afraid to challenge.