The shape of the retail sector has changed significantly in recent years. The traditional model that has existed for decades has been radically adapted, as people change not only how they buy, but what they buy and where they buy it. Retailers have had to rapidly respond to the changing business environment and the complexities that come with it.
Technology, data security, the supply chain and competitor ‘price wars’ are causing retailers to review their business models and look for efficiencies to ensure that business forecasts are achieved. Our retail and consumer team are able to provide a full range of advisory, tax and accounting services to help our clients successfully develop their businesses to deal with the changing retail environment.
We have a wide range of clients from growing entrepreneurial OMBs to household names. Our experience is built on advising this sector for many years. We have helped clients grow, diversify and expand internationally.
Our work focuses on a mixture of compliance, business advisory and commercial projects offering our clients help in areas such as:
- Taxation: particularly around international tax, transfer pricing, restructuring, VAT and customs duties,
employment issues, capital allowances, currency volatility and tax mitigation.
- Business planning and support accessing funding.
- Planning for intellectual property and branding.
- Maximising the efficiency of the supply chain: reducing costs and improving margins.
- M&A: advising on disposals and seeking acquisitions.
- Risk management: advising on both governance issues in order to best attract investment and on
minimising fraud and corruption risk.
- Compliance: tax and audit compliance, accounting and financial reporting.
To discuss any of the above, please contact a member of our retail and consumer group or send us an enquiry online.