Travel agents and tour operators
The travel industry has changed significantly over the last decade. As well as the threat of terrorism and concerns over carbon emissions, there are also new technologies, new business models and increasingly independent customers to consider.
Our travel industry specialists understand the issues facing owner managers and SME travel agencies, tour operators and travel management companies (TMCs) which means we can assist you with the day to day running and strategic development of your business (including all of your taxation, audit and regulatory requirements) helping you to plan effectively for the future.
Our travel and tourism accountants offer the following specialist services:
- Business planning, disposals and acquisitions
- Maintaining cash flow and profitability through difficult times
- VAT accounting and mitigaion
- International VAT compliance
- Dealing with employment tax issues and the engagement of workers
- Licensing and protection support including ATOL, ABTA, IATA and TTA
- CAA requirements such as the APC
- Completion of travel sector regulators annual accountant's reports (eg CAA, ABTA, ABTOT)
- Transfer pricing assistance
- BSP data audits
Find out more about what we can offer you in our short video:
Andrew Burnham writes for and is quoted regularly in the travel press.
“Andrew Burnham has acted as TTG’s financial expert since June 2011, contributing regular features to appeal to our wide readership of travel professionals. Covering topics from tax credits and business strategy to licensing and fraud, Andrew’s articles are an invaluable element of our business-advice content.” - Pippa Jacks, Managing Editor (Features)
Read his most recent quotes and articles below:
'Challenges for the Travel industry' seminar
Watch Andrew's webcast for TTG on the challenges for the travel sector in 2013:
Below are several seminar presentations produced by Andrew Burnham and the travel and tourism team:
Our competition in conjunction with Travel Weekly offered a £5,000 financial makeover. Read how the winners got on:
To discuss our accountancy and business advisory services for travel agents and tour operators, please contact a member of our Travel and tourism team, email email@example.com or send us an enquiry online.