BEIS Business Advice Update – February 2021
MHA MacIntyre Hudson are delighted to be working together with BEIS to support businesses involved in international trading. BEIS have released the following update:
HMRC have published guidance this week on grants to help small and medium-sized businesses who are new to importing or exporting goods with the EU. The funding will support advice and training on the following:
- How to complete customs declarations
- How to manage customs processes and use customs software
- Specific import and export related aspects including VAT, excise and rules of origin.
You can also read MHA MacIntyre Hudson latest Brexit updates, guides and information here. Our International experts are always available to answer questions and help businesses with export and import related queries and due to our Baker Tilly International Network connections, we also link businesses up with experts in other countries should the need arise.
You can also use HMRC’s various support channels, some of which are listed below.
Business Support Helplines
Alternatively, you can contact the Business Support Helpline directly:
- Businesses in England, call 0800 998 1098
- Businesses in Scotland, call 0300 303 0660
- Businesses in Wales, call 0300 060 3000
- Businesses in Northern Ireland, call 0800 181 4422.
Trading Support Helplines
Please find below a list of some useful helplines and contacts for borders and trading:
- HMRC Customs & International Trade Helpline for general customs queries. They can be reached on 0300 322 9434 or on webchat via gov.uk here.
- HMRC National Clearance Hub for border movement support. They can be reached on 0300 322 7900, with additional information available here.
- HMRC Borders Support for queries around specific consignments which are already live in transit. Please contact them via email, firstname.lastname@example.org.
For a full list of Brexit Transition Helplines, please click here.