COVID-19: Automotive Surgery Webinar - Executive Summary Part Thirteen
As with the previous 12 webinars we had some excellent contributions from our presenters across property, deals, insurance, cyber risks and e-commerce as well as some new insight on today’s webinar on dealer’s electrification infrastructure options and remote training from Phil Hack of the EV Network and Georgia Harbison from Intuitive Learning.
We also received some tremendous insight from Nigel Morris and Emma Tice on the CJRS latest position and also the process for redundancies as well as good coverage of operational matters and potential upcoming government tax and other incentives covered by Jon Pollock and Glyn Edwards. Rupert Pontin also gave an insightful update on vehicle valuation changes and Andy Flinn covered a data driven combined temperature checking and sanitiser solution for protecting employees in terms of access to the new working environment.
Whilst it is the end of these series of webinars, we will be planning for a number of additional forums which we will be looking to set up and host going forward remotely (and eventually physically) including the continuation of our Motor FD and EV Forums. Watch this space and in the meantime, thank you all for being part of our webinar series and please do not hesitate to let us have any feedback you might have.
A summary of the information provided at this final event is set out below which includes the contact details for all presenters. Also included are several Appendices.
Key topics this week included:
- Phil Hack from the EV Network gave helpful advice on planning for charging capacity at dealer sites. His full slide deck is Appendix A to this document.
- Georgina Harbison from Cognito explained the role of interactive learning and how Cognito can help with the vital job of ensuring that employees understand the new challenges of post-COVID trading and the changing world of motor retail with the advancement of EVs. Georgina’s slides are included as an Appendix B.
- Market and Deal news and forecasts from Martin Wilson and Jon Beveridge along with Bill Bexson’s update on the property market and the outcome of tenant-landlord negotiations. Bill referred to a voluntary code of practice for landlord-tenant cooperation. The full code is included as Appendix C
- Rupert Pontin of Cazana gave us the latest update on retail sales values of used cars. Rupert’s slides are included as an Appendix D to this Executive Summary.
- Andy Flinn from RDS explained about a new product available from Tuffshop which monitors showroom visitors and ensures that a dealer has a full record of steps taken to ensure customer and employee safety. A brochure is included as Appendix E.
Download our Executive Summary Document below which covers in-depth the key topics discussed in this webinar.
We will be delighted to support you with one-to-one advice, so please contact our Head of Motor on the details below:
Head of Motor, Partner
M: +44 (0)7795 476651