A fitness regime for charities
Having spent most of my career as a Finance Director specialising in the non profit sector I know that the relationship with your auditors is a crucial one to get right. Having an effective audit that is carried out as efficiently as possible while asking the right questions is undoubtedly a key part of the package. But to get the best out of the relationship there ought to be scope for your auditor to provide additional services - while maintaining appropriate audit independence of course. The specialist non-profit team at MHA MacIntyre Hudson have come up with a helpful fitness campaign that covers six key areas that charities are likely to consider:
- Fit and competent - governance reviews,
- Fit and proper - tax reviews,
- Fit and lean - finance function effectiveness,
- Fit for consumption - financial reporting,
- Fit for purpose - internal audit and
- Fit for nothing - restructuring and recovery.
Please use this link for more information or contact me directly if you would like to discuss.