What should be considered before becoming an academy?
Any school considering converting to academy status has many details to consider. Our academy team can advise on:
- Information to be considered in the academy conversion process.
- Accounting and reporting requirements.
- Setting-up systems and procedures for the school.
- Budgets and financial plans.
- Assistance with the Responsible Officer role.
- A VAT review and advice on the best method for reclaiming VAT.
- Advice on the best structure for any commercial trading activities.
- Review and advice on the chart accounts.
- Advice on year end accounting and running the year end procedures.
- Review of the Financial Procedures Manual – to ensure it is in accordance with the Academies Financial Handbook.
If you would like to discuss your school or academy’s accounting needs, or would like to talk through any questions or issues, please do not hesitate to contact a member of our Not for Profit sector team, email firstname.lastname@example.org or send us an enquiry online.