IR35 and the private sector - How might it affect dealers?
HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC) long-awaited consultation into ‘Off-Payroll’ working in the private sector closed to responses on 10th August 2018.
The consultation focused on the:
• Growth in people working through companies
• Growing cost to the Exchequer
• Impact of the public sector reform (from April 2017)
• Independent research and evaluation (from a HMRC commissioned study)
• Compliance burden of existing IR35 rules on HMRC.
The consultation looked for the respondents to make the case for an alternative, but in doing so restricted the scope of such a response and specifically sited four previous options as being out of scope of the consultation, even though some have real merit.
Written by our tax experts, this Focus On Guide explores the main points following the consultation and recommedtaions for changes to future practice.